When I was a little kid, maybe 6, I used to mix up “potions” in the bath tub. I would mix a little shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and it would magically transform to a super cleaner/shampoo/conditioner. I was a little endearingly gung ho about cleaning. Fast forward 22 years and I still like making potions, just this time they make a little more sense. When I mixed the ingredients for this cleaner, I actually did make a super cleaner. The alcohol helps minimize the drying time and the vinegar and soap attack the grime living on my floors and the essential oil added anti-bacterial results and left a nice smell. There were no streaks, smudges or other unsightly results. Total cost was $0.00 since I had everything in the house. Score. This is not designed for hardwood floors. I haven’t been able to test any DIY mixtures for that since we have all laminate.
DIY All Natural Floor Cleaners
(A combination of Nature’s Nurture and Mama Tron Recipes)
What you need:
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 cup 70% Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol
- 2-3 drops of liquid dish detergent
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree oil
- Microfiber mop or towels
1. Pour all ingredients into a measuring cup and stir to combine.
2. Pour the mixture inside a repurposed or new spray bottle, and shake lightly to ensure all dish soap has been distributed.
- Spray the cleaner over the floor, lightly coating it.
- Wait 5 minutes to let the mixture penetrate the grime
- Mop the surface with a damp (but not soaking) microfiber mop or towel.